For programs above 600 hours (Only includes advanced content, Fundamentals text still required)
Milady Standard Esthetics: Advanced, second edition is an essential tool for students enrolled in advanced esthetics programs and critical for anyone serious about achieving a higher level of success in the beauty and wellness field. This new edition demonstrates Milady's commitment to providing the most current, cutting-edge educational resources to esthetic students and professionals anxious to expand and perfect their skills in one of the fastest growing industries of the day. It responds to the increasing demand for a more robust knowledge of skin care principles and techniques resulting from trends in medical esthetics as well as in hospitality and tourism.
Milady Standard Esthetics: Advanced encompasses the broad areas of advanced skin sciences, including skin disorders and the updated ABC's of skin cancer; advanced esthetic techniques and devices; spa and alternative therapies; and working in a medical setting, including plastic surgery procedures and pre- and post-medical treatments. An introductory section addresses changes in esthetics to keep the student up-to-date on the newest technology and products, plus the final two chapters delve into financial business and marketing skills vital for rounding out success in the world of esthetics.
New to this Edition
- Photos that address broader ethnic types including people of multiple ethnicities.
- Additional coverage of neurotoxin therapy, dermal filler products, hormones, chemistry and laser and light energy.
- Advanced devices chapter consolidates facial, laser and light device information making it easier to reference.
- New information provided on advanced skin disorders and skin typing, including the Roberts Skin Typing System bringing students up-to-date on recent breakthroughs in the skin care industry.
- Addition of "Learning Objective" completion icons and a pronunciation glossary for difficult to pronounce words.
- More than 1,200 full-color illustrations and photographs help students visualize important techniques.
- Detailed protocols with step-by-step photos demonstrate how to perform a diversity of advanced services and aid the learning process.
- "Focus On," "Did You Know," and other activity boxes help students master key concepts and procedures.
For the Student
- Detailed, interactive exercises
- Reinforce learning
- Increase student comprehension
ISBN-13: 9781111139117 | List/Net Price: $76.95/$61.25
- Chapter-by-chapter multiple–choice questions
- Includes answer key
ISBN-13: 9781111139124 | List/Net Price: $52.95/$42.25
- Each of the procedures from the textbook
- Rubric for instructor or self-grading
- Step-by-Step Photos
ISBN-13: 9781133013495 | List/Net Price: $40.95/$32.75
- Video clips demonstrate procedures
- Computerized test bank
- Audio glossary
ISBN-13: 9781111139216 | List/Net Price: $86.95/$69.50
Online Licensing Preparation
- Review and chapter tests for each chapter in the textbook
- Comprehensive tests created from a pool of hundreds of questions
- Reports determine areas to focus on
- Length of Access: 1 year
- Click here for more info »
Printed Access Card ISBN-13: 9781111139162
List/Net Price: $36.95/$29.25
For the Instructor
Course Management Guide Binder
- Lesson Plans
- Transition Guides
- Answer Key to the Student Workbook
ISBN-13: 9781111139100 | List/Net Price: $235.50/$235.50
Course Management Guide on CD
- All content from Course Management Guide Binder
- Computerized Test Bank with 1,000 questions
- Image Library with photos and illustrations from the textbook
ISBN-13: 9781111139131 | List/Net Price: $285.50/$285.50
ISBN-13: 9781435412880 | List/Net Price: $995.95/$995.95
Instructor Support Slides on CD
- PowerPoint™ Slides
- Chapter-by-chapter outline of content
ISBN-13: 9781111139148 | List/Net Price: $178.50/$178.50
Student CD (School Version)
- Contains all of the content from the Individual Version
- Can be loaded to multiple computers or school network
ISBN-13: 9781111139223 | List/Net Price: $913.75/$913.75
Additional Packages Available!
- Standard Text, Workbook, Exam Review
ISBN-13: 9781285480466 | List/Net Price: $258.95/$207.00
Instructor Technology Package
- Course Management Guide on CD & Instructor Support Slides CD
ISBN-13: 9781285157993 | List/Net Price: $347.50/$347.50