Catalog » Student Instructor
Master Educator, 3rd Edition
- The Career Education Instructor
- The Teaching Plan and Learning Environment
- Teaching Study and Testing Skills
- Basic Learning Styles and Principles
- Basic Methods of Teaching and Learning
- Communicating Confidently
- Effective Presentations
- Effective Classroom Management and Supervision
- Achieving Learner Results
- Program Review, Development, and Lesson Planning
- Educational Aids and Technology in the Classroom
- Assessing Progress and Advising Students
- Making the Student Salon an Adventure
- Career and Employment Preparation
- The Art of Retaining Students
- Educator Relationships
- Learning Is a Laughing Matter
- Teaching Success Strategies for a Winning Career
- Teams at Work
- Evaluating Professional Performance
Master Educator, third edition provides the backbone of the instructor theory for the beauty and wellness educator. The text presents educators with the teaching skills and educational judgments necessary to become an effective and successful instructor. The content in Master Educator is designed for flexibility, being used in programs ranging from a basic overview of instructor training to programs that require more advanced teaching techniques. Presented in a conversational, easy-to-understand style, it uses many pedagogical features to emphasize important information and powerful teaching techniques. Master Educator serves the future instructor as a valuable, fundamental learning tool, and the seasoned instructor with the strategies needed to adapt to the changing landscape of classroom learning.
New to this Edition
- Instructor strategies and philosophies listed at the start of each chapter, present clear steps towards achieving goals while correcting some of the misleading myths about goal setting.
- Features such as "Wrapping It Up," "It's Worth Remembering," and "Consider and Connect" help emphasize important points to be remembered.
- Highlighted Key Terms and Glossary can be used to create teaching tools such as flash cards to aid and expedite learning.
- Each chapter incorporates teaching methods such as lectures, group discussions, peer coaching, role playing, mnemonics, games, group synergy and humor to promote active participation.
- Sample lesson plans and evaluation checklists to aid in classroom management.
For the Student
- Chapter-by-chapter multiple-choice questions
- Includes answer key
ISBN-13: 9781133776598 | List Price: $53.95 USD
- A personalized learning experience
- Fully customizable
- Interactive eBook
- Learning Path filled with activities and assessments
- Quiz and Assignment Generator
- Social Media Message Board
- Reporting and tracking capabilities
- Length of Access: 2 Years
- Click here for more info »
Printed Access Card ISBN-13: 9781337398848
List Price: $217.95 USD
Instructor Resource on CD
- Lesson plans
- Instructor Support Slides
- Computerized test bank
ISBN-13: 9781133777052 | List Price: $294.00 USD