Milady Standard Nail Technology, 7th Edition is packed with new and updated information on several important topics including infection control, manicuring, pedicuring, chemistry, UV and LED gels, and the salon business. Brand new procedural photography enhances step-by-step instructions for the student. Also included, is a new “Why Study?” section at the beginning of each chapter, outlining the importance of understanding the concepts presented. Chapter objectives have also been revised to provide students and instructors with measureable, outcomes-based goals that can later be assessed using the end-of-chapter review questions. This latest edition of Milady Standard Nail Technology gives the aspiring nail technician the tools they need to pass their licensure exam and to launch themselves into a rewarding and successful career.
New to this Edition
- New and updated information on infection control, product chemistry, manicuring, pedicuring, monomer liquid and polymer powder nail enhancements, and UV and LED gels.
- Increased coverage of business skills includes information on opening your own salon, franchise ownership, operations, laws, regulations and much more.
- Detailed information on preventing dust and chemical fume inhalation overexposure, source capture ventilation systems, and use of N-95 dust masks.
- All-new, full-color photographs, including photos of nail and skin disorders and diseases and procedural photographs showing gloved hands.
- Topics required for state licensing exams are presented in a complete and easy-to-read manner.
- Accurate and up-to date information on infection control provides greater protection for nail professionals and nail salon clients.
- Additional learning elements including Focus Points, Safety Cautions, Tips, Regulatory Agency Alerts, Business Tips, Application Tips, Service Tips, and Web Resources provide valuable information.
- A total of 36 procedures are included, each with step-by-step instructions and full-color photos.
For the Student
Student Workbook Available September 2014
- Detailed, interactive exercises and activities
- Reinforce learning
- Increase student comprehension
ISBN-13: 9781285080512 | List/Net Price: $61.95/$49.75
Exam Review Available June 2014
- Chapter-by-chapter multiple–choice questions
- Includes answer key
ISBN-13: 9781285080543 | List/Net Price: $42.95/$34.50
Spanish Study Resource Available December 2014
ISBN-13: 9781285080581 | List/Net Price: $72.95/$58.75
Study Summary for Vietnamese Available July 2014
- Summarized content from Textbook and Exam Review
ISBN-13: 9781285080567 | List/Net Price: $67.95/$54.50
Milady U Online Licensing Preparation Available September 2014
- Review and chapter tests for each chapter in the textbook
- Comprehensive tests created from a pool of hundreds of questions
- Reports determine areas to focus on
- English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Length of Access: 1 year
Click here for more info
Printed Access Card ISBN-13: 9781285080611
List/Net Price: $33.95/$33.95
CourseMate Available September 2014
- Packed with interactive student activities
- Engagement Tracker tracks student progress
- Includes Interactive eBook
Printed Access Card ISBN-13: 9781285080734
List/Net Price: $162.95/$130.00
For the Instructor
Course Management Guide on CD Available October 2014
- Lesson plans
- Transition guide
- Answer key to Student Workbook, Spanish Study Resource, and Study Summary for Vietnamese
- Computerized Test Bank
- Image library with photos and illustrations from the textbook
ISBN-13: 9781285080482 | List/Net Price: $279.95/$279.95
DVD Series Available July 2014
- 3 hours of content on 2 DVDs
- Showcases 29 step-by-step procedures
- Contains many of the practical procedures from the textbook as well as coverage of important theory topics
- English voiceover and subtitles available
ISBN-13: 9781285080703 | List/Net Price: $995.95/$995.95
Instructor Support Slides on CD Available June 2014
- PowerPoint™ Slides
- Chapter-by-chapter outline of content
ISBN-13: 9781285080499 | List/Net Price: $174.95/$174.95
Instructor Website Available September 2014
- Contains all content from Course Management Guide on CD, Instructor Support Slides, and DVD Series
- Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Instant Access Code ISBN-13: 9781285080819
List/Net Price: $1,192.25/$1,192.25