Theory & Practice of Therapeutic Massage, Sixth Edition, comprehensively provides the foundation of knowledge required to become a massage professional. It delves into several areas within the profession, with chapters devoted to spa massage, lymph massage, clinical massage techniques, therapeutic procedure, athletic massage, massage in medicine, and more. Providing a fresh new design, updated terminology and expanded content on topics such as research literacy and business administration, this new edition provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to become a successful massage therapist and will be a reference that users can count on throughout their careers.
New to this Edition
- Why Study This? feature has been incorporated to aid students in understanding the importance of learning each topic and how it will play a role in their future careers.
- Expanded coverage on research literacy addresses the importance of locating, comprehending, and evaluating valid information and applying it to clinical practice.
- Business Practices chapter has been updated with the latest information on marketing, setting fees, online bookkeeping systems, and more.
- Reorganized procedure layout makes photos and step-by-step instructions easier to follow.
- Updated photography for draping procedures, pre-and post-service procedures, massage for the face, ear, neck, front of the leg, and abdomen, stone massage and lymph massage.
- Content has been revised using recommendations from the Entry-Level Evaluation Project (ELAP), a report endorsed by the AMTA, ABMP, COMTA, AFMTE, MTF, NCBTMB, and FSMTB.
- Full-color photography, charts, and tables emphasize critical concepts.
- Running glossary assists students in learning important terminology and provides easy access to definitions while completing assignments.
- Discussion and review questions at the end of each chapter test comprehension and identify areas that need to be reviewed.
For the Student
- Detailed, interactive exercises
- Reinforce learning
- Increase student comprehension
ISBN-13: 9781285187617 | List/Net Price: $54.95/$44.00
Spanish Edition ISBN-13: 9781285187716
List/Net Price: $65.95/$52.50
- Chapter-by-chapter multiple – choice questions
- Includes answer key
ISBN-13: 9781285187655 | List/Net Price: $40.95/$33.00
Online Licensing Preparation
- Review and chapter tests for each chapter in the textbook
- Comprehensive tests created from a pool of hundreds of questions
- Reports determine areas to focus on
- English & Spanish (Spanish Available January 2017)
- Length of Access: 1 year
- Click here for more info »
Printed Access Card ISBN-13: 9781285187679
List/Net Price: $37.95/$30.25
- A personalized learning experience
- Fully customizable
- Interactive eBook
- Learning Path filled with activities and assessments
- Digital Portfolio
- Social Media Message Board
- Reporting and tracking capabilities
- Length of Access: 2 Years
- Click here for more info »
Printed Access Card ISBN-13: 9781337287609
List/Net Price: $199.95/$160.00
For the Instructor
Course Management Guide on CD
- Lesson Plans
- Customizable Syllabus
- Transition Guide
- Computerized Test Bank
- Image Library with photos and illustrations from the textbook
ISBN-13: 9781285187648 | List/Net Price: $285.50/$285.50
Instructor Support Slides on CD
- PowerPoint™ Slides
- Chapter-by-chapter outline of content
ISBN-13: 9781285187693 | List/Net Price: $178.50/$178.50
Spanish Translated Workbook Answer Key on CD
- Workbook Answer Key
- Pharmacology Index
ISBN-13: 9781337612432 | List/Net Price: $59.95/$48.00